Wednesday, April 4, 2018

DJJD Volume 35



Created By:  Jonathan Dysart (DJJD)
Original Creation Year:  2015

Song Listing

Side A
2.    Come on, Come On:  Cheap Trick
3.    Year of the Cat:  Al Stewart
4.    Fernando:  ABBA
5.    Stumblin' In:  Chris Norman and Suzi Quatro

Side B
6.    Day After Day:  Badfinger
8.    Those Were the Days:  Mary Hopkin
9.    Dream a Little Dream of Me:  The Mamas and the Papas
10. Girl from the North Country:  Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash

Side C
11. Time:  Alan Parsons Project
12. Remember [David Whitaker Version]:  Air
13. She:  Jeff Lynne
14. Going Home:  The Idle Race
15. Voices:  Cheap Trick

Side D
17. Playground Love:  Air
18. I Started A Joke:  Bee Gees
19. All That I Got (I'm Gonna Give It To You)Billy Preston
20. You Light Up My Life:  Debbie Boone


Origin of the Album

          I made this album on a special time in 2015.  I was fired from my second computer consulting firm.  I have never experienced not having a job for years; it was unique.  This lasted for a little more than a month.  The first two weeks I was restless, not use to "not working".  How did people last a month like this?  The third week I started settling down, and it was the most calm week I have experienced in years.  No recent vacations have I been like that.  
          Eventually, by the grace of GOD, I was offerred a new job.  But in that calm week, I made this album.  The only track relevant to this experience was the first track "Gotta Get Up" by Harry Nilsson.  Besides that, the rest of the album was... whatever.  The lifestyle of Big Lebowski was very previlant.
            

Concept and Theme of the Album

         As I mentioned above... whatever.  The major influence would be Jeff Lynne on Side C.  The other influences was DJJD Volume 32 and DJJD Volume 33
     

Concept and the Album Cover

           The front album cover is what this album represents - calm and relaxation.  Simply a park bench.  Enough said.  The back album cover is just a sepia version of the front album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment