Monday, May 14, 2018

DJJD Retro 80's Volume 8




Created By:  Jonathan Dysart (DJJD)
Original Creation Year:  2018

Song Listing

Side A
1.    This Beat Goes On / Switch' To Glide:  The Kings
2.    Our Lips Are Sealed:  The Go-Go's
3.    The Celtic Soul Brothers (More, Please, Thank You):  Dexys Midnight Riders
4.    Mexican Radio:  Wall of Voodoo
5.    Shock the Monkey:  Peter Gabriel

Side B
6.    Be Good Johnny:  Men At Work
7.    Satisfaction:  DEVO
8.    Beat the Clock:  Sparks
9.   Once in a Lifetime:  The Talking Heads
10.  Elstree:  The Buggles

Side C
11. Games Without Frontiers:  Peter Gabriel
12. Mad World:  Tears for Fears
13. Metal:  Gary Numan
14. Catch Me I'm Falling:  Real Life
15. This World of Water:  New Musik

Side D
16. When I'm With You:  Sparks
17. Eternal Flame:  The Bangles
18. Dance Hall DaysWang Chung
19. I Wanna Be Your Lover:  La Bionda
20. Peter Gunn:  The Art of Noise featuring Duane Eddy


Origin of the Album

            I thought that I would not make another Retro 80s CD album anymore.  That had changed, especially with the change of music styles I have gone as well as a minor resurgence in album creation.   


Concept and Theme of the Album

            This album is similar that to DJJD Reto 80's Volume 4 with primarily synthpop music with a touch of DJJD Retro 80's Volume 1.  A lot of this tracks were picked up from YouTube channels emphasizing rare synthpop songs that are not mainstream classics.  Found some great tracks from Gary Numan, Sparks, and La Bionda [a band that like a precursor of the French band AIR].  

      
Concept and the Album Cover

       Discovered this software that generates personal pictures based on different themes.  I used this software to recreate the album cover for DJJD Volume 25.  This one I created a cover using 1980s style themes.  The back album cover is taken from neo-1980s art that at this time is quite popular.  One picture reminds me of my niece Madison, so I added it to the back album with the appropriate adjustments, like a Pac-Man border.

No comments:

Post a Comment